Matriculation and intermediate exams will be held on May 20 and June 10, respectively, the Department of Education and Literacy said on Wednesday.
The development came after a meeting of the steering committee of the education department at the Intermediate Board, Karachi office, in which several recommendations were made regarding examinations in the province.
Several suggestions were made during the meeting, however, according to available documents, officials agreed on 10 recommendations.
These recommendations are:
1) Schools and colleges may be required to complete practice after the resumption of classes.
2) According to the decision of the Chairman’s Inter-Board Committee, the examination papers may be prepared on the old model.
3) All boards can prepare model papers keeping in view the current strategic environment of COVID-19 epidemics.
The dates of the examinations are as follows.
a) Annual Examination of SSC Part I and II, 2021 wef: May 20, 2021
b) Annual Examination of HSC Part I and II, 2021 wef: June 10, 2021
All internal superintendents of examination centers may be instructed to follow the SOPs during the conduct of examinations, as informed by the Government of Sindh.
In addition to maintaining law and order, the district administration can also be taken on board to enforce SOPs during examinations.
7) Assessment will be done centrally and in-house as per the strategy prepared by each board – which will consider feasibility and other aspects.
8) Results may be announced 90 days after the date of completion of papers in both SSC Part II and HSC Part II.
9) Heads of institutions and teachers should be required to carry out the responsibilities of the Board.
10) Diagnostic centers for SBTE should be set up in Hyderabad, Sukkur and Karachi respectively.