WhatsApp, the world’s most used messaging app, has a number of options that many users may or may not be aware of.
One of the features is sharing a live location. This is useful when you need to tell your current loved ones about your current location or want to share it for security purposes.
The live location feature allows you to share a specific amount of your real-time location with an individual or group of chat participants.
Although you can control how many days and how often you will share your live location, you can also stop sharing your live location at any time. Once paused or terminated, your current location is no longer shared.
People you share your live location with will continue to see your shared location as a static thumbnail image, and can tap this image to see your last updated location.
Because WhatsApp conversations are saved, this feature is also encrypted at the end, which means that no one can see your live location except the one you share with.
How to share your live location
- Enable location permission for WhatsApp in your phone Setting By tapping Confidentiality > Location services > WhatsApp > Always. Alternatively, go to your phone Setting > WhatsApp > Location > Always.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Faucet Attach + > Location > Share location directly.
- Choose the length you want to share your live location with. Your current location will no longer be shared after the selected time.
Optionally, add a comment.
- Faucet Send.
How to stop sharing your live location
Stop sharing your live space with a specific person or group chat
- Open individual or group chat.
- Tap Stop Sharing> Stop Sharing.
Stop sharing your personal location with every individual or group chat
- Go to WhatsApp Settings> Account> Privacy> Direct Location.
- Faucet Stop sharing > Stop sharing.
- You can disable location permissions for the WhatsApp at any time by going to your phone Setting > Confidentiality > Location services > WhatsApp > Never.
- Alternatively, go to your phone Setting > WhatsApp > Location > Never.