Rome: Five residents of a retirement home near the Italian capital, Rome, were found dead on Saturday on suspicion of carbon monoxide poisoning. Police said. “Unfortunately, five people have died there, then five other residents are in critical condition and two care workers, a total of seven people at the hospital,” police told AFP.
In the morning, a team of home carers, about 30 kilometers (19 miles) south of Rome, sounded the alarm after discovering 12 people unconscious.
The five survivors are being treated at a nearby hospital and both care assistants have been taken to a hospital in Rome.